Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor Declaration
I declare that I am a self-certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotions) Order 2001.
I understand that this means:
- a) I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- b) The content of such financial promotions may not conform to the rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority;
By signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- a) I may have no right to complain to either of the following:
- The Financial Conduct Authority
- The Financial Ombudsman Scheme
- b) I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
I am a self-certified sophisticated investor because at least one of the following applies:
- a) I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date below;
- b) I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below;
- c) I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- d) I am, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
I accept that I can lose my capital and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions.
I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on investments.